Saturday 15 February 2014

16/02/14 - The date is set

While we were gallivanting around the Townsville country side on our well-earned family holiday, my phone rang. A new date had been set for Ellie's palate repair. There was a bit of confusion with the elective surgical nurse not actually believing me when I said she needed to be admitted the day before the operation, and trying to tell us we needed to come to Hobart a week before for pre-op, but of course when she checked with doctor Kimble and called me back the next day I was right. 

We will be admitted to the paeds ward on February 25th, for some chest X-rays and other tests, and then her surgery will be some time on the 26th. After last time, nervous doesn't even begin to explain how I feel right now. I'm terrified that she will stop breathing again and they won't be quick enough. I feel like crying every time I think about it, so I don't know how I will be able to hand her over in two weeks time.


No comments:

Post a Comment