Sunday 25 August 2013

26/08/13 - Tentative date set for surgery

Jenny from the Royal Hobart Hospital's elective surgery department finally called me back today. I called last week wanting to know when we could expect a date to be set for Ellie's surgery, and was promised a call back the next day. 

Drew is being pressured to lock in his availability at work during September, and I have my win business commitments to sort out, so we really need to know when this operation will be as soon as possible. On top of the obvious work arrangements, we also need time to sort out our finances, get some money saved up if we can and get the rent paid in advance so we don't have to worry about money while Drew's off work.

Jenny had good news. She said it looks like Ellie's operation will be on the 2nd October, but she needs to confirm that there will be a paediatric anaesthetist available that day. She's going to call me back and confirm, but for now we will just work towards that date.

When we got Ellie's first surgery date I felt sick. It sent me in to a bit of an emotional meltdown, and it was days after the phone call before I felt strong enough to start doing what needed to be done. This time though I just want to get down there and get it over with. I know it will be horrible, but I also know we'll be in excellent hands with Frank and the nurses on the paediatric ward.


No comments:

Post a Comment