Wednesday 15 May 2013

15/05/13 - Worried

Three weeks post-op, and we were starting to worry about Ellie's progress. Doctor Kimble had said the swelling should start going down one the stitches fell out, but there hadn't been any change at all. There was still a large lump between her lip and her gum, and I was worried that it shouldn't be there. I asked about it in the Cleftpals group, and sure enough, the other parents all thought it was strange for there to still be swelling. 

As well as the swelling I'd also noticed that the repair lines in her nostrils were red and weeping. I was worried that she had an infection, but then again she wasn't running a temperature. The best I could figure out, given that we were so far away from our surgeon, is to get in to Doctor Naiker and see what he says. Hopefully we can save a trip to Hobart.

No comments:

Post a Comment