Wednesday 18 December 2013

11/12/13 - The date is set.... Again.

The surgery letter came today.....

I'd seen a post on cleftpals with someone getting a date after what Doctor Kimble had told us, so I knew it would arrive soon. She is scheduled for the 15th of January. I had to call the booking office because they had forgotten that she needed to be admitted the day before. So the booking officer fixed that, and it's all locked in. We will go down on the 13th, Ellie will be admitted on the 14th, and her surgery will (hopefully!!!) be on the 15th.

She is still coughing and very rattly though. Even though doctor Kimble wants to do X-rays before he does the surgery, I'm going to have doctor Naiker order one up here before we even go down. If she's not clear then we won't go, as simple as that. And if she is clear doctor Kimble can use that X-ray or get another one done, up to him. 

I'm not nervous or excited or any of the usual feelings this time. I'm getting better at being a surgery mum! But I know come the 15th I'm going to be a mess. We almost lost her last time, and we won't have the safety net of the grommets this time round. But Ellie is a fighter. She will be ok. 


No comments:

Post a Comment