Thursday 19 December 2013

19/12/13 - Blowing raspberries!

I love the way that whenever I'm feeling down and out about something Ellie can't do, she pulls some amazing new skill out of the hat and just completely blows me away. It's like she can sense that mummy needs a boost! 

After the speech issues yesterday, Ellie has this morning woke up with the ability to blow raspberries. You're probably thinking, "so what?" Most babies would have figured this little trick out six months ago. But consider this for a second: when you blow a raspberry all the air pressure needs to come from your mouth, and it can't be escaping anywhere else, say, through the nose. Ellie can't seal her nose off through her palate obviously, but she has discover edit hat if she pushes her top lip upwards it covers her nostrils, and she can't hen blow through her lips. 

She did it for the first time sitting on my knee while I was doing our speech therapy. There I am, "d-d-dad. P-p-pop." And Ellie let's outs a huge raspberry and giggles her pretty little face off. I'm guessing she was sick of doing speech therapy for the day! 

It's suck a tiny thing, but it picked me up and made me feel so much better. This kid is incredible. And I love her to the moon and back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment