Monday 10 June 2013

03/06/13 - Health Insurance

Lucky for us, here in Australia we dont need to have health insurance to get high quality medical care. but it does help for things outside of the hospital, like optical, dental and phsio. we dont have hospital cover, but we have extras cover for those sorts of things. 

so i was going through some of the different health insurance policies available to see if we could get a better deal than what we currently pay. And I discovered something very interesting: Opthomology was not only included in our current cover, but the level of the rebate was fantastic. I was over the moon.... For about two seconds, when I remembered I hadn't added Ellie to our policy yet. Now I need to call the insurance company and see if there's anyway to still claim for her visit last week.

I'm still looking at different policies though. I want to make sure that we have the est cover we can for things like speech therapy, physio and occupational therapy for later down the track. Of course we have access to all of these through free clinics, but the waiting times can be pretty horrendous, and I don't want Ellie to pay the price of having to wait any longer than she has to.


No comments:

Post a Comment