Tuesday 15 October 2013

15/10/13 - With the Love of Angels

Today is infant and pregnancy loss awareness day, and as I lit two candles for my angel babies with Sophie tonight, I had to wonder about the events that unfolded this year. By all accounts, Ellie shouldn't be here today. She survived a haemorrhage of a size that her doctors have never heard of an infant surviving. 

 I truly believe that Ellie survived because her brothers were watching over her. They knew that they couldn't be here where they belong, but they wanted to make sure I could hold their sister in my arms. And I am so very, very grateful to them for giving me that gift.

I talk about the boys with Sophie all the time, and she knows that her brothers are on the moon. When Ellie is old enough she will be included in our little chats, and I know that both girls will grow up surrounded by the love of the brothers they never got to know. How lucky are we, two beautiful girls, and two beautiful boys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment