Tuesday 29 October 2013

30/10/13 - Gulp. The date is set

I love that when Alison from the plastics team says she'll call on a certain day, she actually does. Last time we spoke she said she thought Ellie would go in to surgery on the 13th of November, but she would call me on the 30th to confirm everything. So when the phone rang today with a Hobart number, I knew what it would be about.

What I didn't expect was a change to the date. I was so prepared for the 13th, that when Alison said the 11th I was shocked. How can two days make that much difference to my mindset?! But the date is set, whether I'm ready or not.

We don't need to go through the pre-op process this time, so we will head down the day before the surgery, Sunday after next. It seems like hardly any time at all. I'm nowhere near organised for this one. Why didn't I just leave everything packed when we we're sent home! 

It's not the surgery or the hospital stay or even the recover that's worrying me this time though. It's the anaesthetic. Just knowing that she's high risk for complications will have me pacing the halls until the moment Frank calls to say she's made it through ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment