Thursday 7 November 2013

07/11/13 - Will it Happen?

Of course, now that the surgery is locked in, Ellie has developed a cough. It started on Tuesday, and I tried my best to ignore it but of course it wasn't getting any better. I felt shattered. Was this one going to be cancelled at the last minute too? Would Ellie ever get her palate repaired? 

The last thing we want to do is travel all that way and get turned away. This time we had a bit more time to prepare though, and I organised a doctors appointment with doctor Naiker to have her checked. I also called the plastics team and warned them that it might be off. 

Going in I was convinced we would be walking out and cancelling the surgery. I had already told mum and Bec to be prepared to cancel their accomodation, and I'd ignored the growing to-do list. So I was a little bit shocked when he said she was ok. 

It turns out her lungs are actually clear, there is no wheezing, and the cough is coming from her nose and throat. So as far as doctor Naiker can tell, she will be good to go on Monday morning. The ultimate decision will be up to the anaesthetist of course, but we will head down and see what they say now that we know she should be alright. 

Which means I have four days to prepare myself, and three days to get everything packed. Oh dear. 



No comments:

Post a Comment