Sunday 5 January 2014

2/01/14 - Confirmation of my fears

48-hours after her swabs were sent, I called doctor Naiker for the results. And while I wasn't exactly surprised, I was still very bummed out when he said the infection was staph.

Staph is a pain in the bum to get rid of. It gets in there and overstays it's welcome, and it's an oportunistic little bugger who will jump from one spot to the other at a drop of a hat. So knowing that her ears are connected with her palate, and that an infection post operatively could be a disaster, I knew that when I could finally get hold of doctor Kimble we would be cancelling her surgery.

Doctor Naiker has ordered that we continue the high strength antibiotics until it clears. She's probably going to need a second course, maybe a third. We just have to play it by... Ear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment