Sunday 5 January 2014

4/01/14 - celebrating in style

Ellie's birthday this year falls on a Wednesday, so we decided to move the celebrations forward a few days so that everyone could come and have so fun. There are so many friends and family who love her dearly, and I wanted them all to have a chance to be here and celebrate what an amazing journey she has been on this year.

I made an incredible cake, with a hungry caterpillar theme, and we planned a BBQ in the backyard, with a jumping castle for the kids. I cheated after spending a week working on the cake, and ordered pre-made salads, so all I had to do on the day was set everything up, and I was far less stressed than I normally am when I'm hosting an event. Here's the cake....


Typical of Tasmania, the weather wasn't great. There were a few quick showers, but we managed to keep everyone outside anyway. Everyone was having too much fun to be bothered by a little bit of wind and rain. The kids loved the jumping castle, and the grown ups stood around talking and laughing. It was brilliant. Ellie stuffed herself with sass ages and potato salad, her new favourite food.

Ellie was very spoilt, and got showered with beautiful presents. A birthday two weeks after Christmas, she's going to think this present thing happens all the time! She's still not great at opening them yet, but Sophie stepped up and "helped" her! That's what big sisters are for I guess! 

We would like to thank everyone that came and helped us celebrate. It wouldn't have been the same without our friends and family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment