Monday 30 September 2013

30/09/13 - Giving Back

For a while now I've been thinking that it would be nice to raise some money for Ronald McDonald House in Hobart, to say thank you for all the help they have given us this year. 

The fact is, without "the clown house" as Sophie calls them, Drew wouldn't have been able to stay with me and Ellie when she was born. And planning Ellie's surgeries would mean making sure we could afford accommodation. So Ronald McDonald House makes a world of difference to us on this journey.

It's not only a roof over our heads and a warm bed though. It's like home. Sophie loves the play room, I love the coffee station, and Drew loves meeting the other parents. The staff and volunteers are beautiful. Along every step of Ellie's journey they've been there with a shoulder to cry on and a hug.

So this is why I want to help. I want the house to keep being amazing, and even though we're not in a position to do much ourselves, we can raise awareness and get other people involved. 

Today I've started an Everyday Hero page. Everyday Hero lets you raise money for a chosen charity, and provide an online portal to collect donations. Within a few hours of starting the page I raised over $100! I'm planning a couple of different fund raisers over the next 12 months, but I just need to get Ellie's operation out of the way first. She needs my attention more right now.

In the mean time though, anyone can make a donation on the page. My goal is to raise $2000, and every little bit helps. Please consider popping over and making a small donation, and lets help keep those doors open for more families like ours!

https://give.everydayhero.com/au/tracey-5



No comments:

Post a Comment