Monday 9 September 2013

7/09/13 - She Speaks!

I resigned myself long ago to the fact that Ellie wouldn't be able to speak until after her palate repair. That doesn't mean that I didn't feel a little bit sad every time I heard that another baby in Ellie's age group had started saying basic words.

This morning though, while she was eating her toast, I heard something that almost sounded like "mama". I figured it was just my imagination though - you can't talk without a soft palate, right? Throughout the day she kept saying it - "mama-mum-mama" and she would look straight at me when she said it. That's when I realised it wasn't my imagination at all - my princess was saying mum! 

I don't know how it's possible, but I'm sure not questioning it! Ellie has always been a miracle, I guess I should never have expected this to be any different!


No comments:

Post a Comment